You are currently viewing Listing of real estate in airbnb website and non resident of Japan

Listing of real estate in airbnb website and non resident of Japan

Airbnb Japan removed many houses from its website

It is not easy for non residents of Japan to list their real estates in airbnb website.

Assumed that you are not living in Japan but own real estate in Japan.

You have completed registration of private lodging business (Minpaku business) with Japanese government.

But as of now, you can not list your real estate with airbnb inc website.

It considers that if host does not have legal address in Japan, you can not manage your business legally.

Though, without legal address in Japan, you can obtain registration number from government, you can not list it in airbnb website.

On the other hand, if you incorporate a company in Japan and your company obtains registration number from government, your company can list it in airbnb website.

Because even if you are not living in Japan, your company exists in Japan legally.
(in the case a company applies for minpaku registration it is always host absent type. So, it needs to hire registered management company)

Yanushi huzai Gata Minpaku Japan

In the case you operate Minpaku (180 days limitation)

 If you are living in room 101 and minpaku room is 102 in the same building.

In this case, this is included in 家主不在型 minpaku.

But as far as you can find accident ocurred in room 102 right away, you do not need to hire 管理業者。

But as far as fire prevention law is concerned it is completely regarded as 家主不在型. so, you need to install fire prevention facilities.

Installment of emergency lighting 

In the case you apply for minpaku registration (with 180 days limitation), you will install necessary fire prevention facilities.

You will order fire safety company and install fire extinguisher, automatic fire alarm(自動火災報知機), Emergency exit light (誘導灯).

These equipments are stipulated in fire prevention law. But he may not install emergency lighting (非常用照明設備).

Because it is stipulated by building standard law. So, when you install necessary equipment, you also need to hire architect, even if room area is less than 100 sqm.

Certificate of residence in Japan

In the case non-resident of Japan applies for Minpaku registration, basically, she needs to prepare a statutory declaration that certifies her legal address.

However, depending on authority, soft copy of passport and mail (envelope etc) that clarifies she has received mail from other person with her address written in passport.